Hard disk recording and editing, digital signal processing, and CD burning in one easy-to-use box.
The Alesis MasterLink ML-9600 Master Disk Recorder is an easy-to-use tool to tackle a tough job. CD24 technology allows you to record and play back 24-bit, 96kHz CDs using inexpensive CDR media. Its CD recorder is seamlessly linked with a built-in 40GB hard disk recorder and essential tools for digital signal processing, editing, and mastering. Record direct-to-disk using any of the four standard sample rates (44.1, 48, 88.2, or 96kHz) and choice of three word lengths (16, 20, or 24 bit). Built-in signal processing includes equalization, compression, normalization, and peak limiting. Finally, push one button and burn your master onto CD in either Red Book or CD24 format. CD24 format uses the ISO 9660 format and standard audio file formats so its discs can be read by Macintosh, Windows, and Unix computer platforms. Most mastering facilities now accept MasterLink disks, making it an industry-standard mix-down device!
For live recording, there's nothing better-record entire performances in stunning 34-bit/96kHz clarity without ever stopping to change tapes or CDs.
As a songwriter's tool, the MasterLink is perfect for capturing every improvisational idea that any songwriting session can produce. In addition, it is the perfect device to store any songwriter's entire collection of work. Build a custom demo CD at a moment's notice!
Alesis MasterLink ML-9600 Master Disk Recorder Features:
- Easily assemble and burn custom-mix CDs
- Apply EQ, compression, and limiting to your mixes
- Burn standard Red Book or high-res CDs on inexpensive CDRs
- Adjust individual song levels and control fade-ins and fade-outs
- Drag-and-drop high-res (24/96) files from CD24 discs into computer-based systems
NEW TO VERSION 2.0:
- Split and join track segments to create new tracks or alternate mixes
- Instantly copy EQ/Compressor/Limiter settings from one track to another
- Back up and store tracks along with their associated MasterLink processing settings
- Load whole CDs complete with track IDs into a playlist in one simple step
Alesis MasterLink ML-9600 Master Disk Recorder Specifications:
- Audio (44.1kHz and 48kHz) frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz, +0/-0.3dB
- THD+N: <0.002% @ 1kHz, -1dBFS
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 113dB, A-weighted
- A/D converter: 24-bit, 128x oversampling
- D/A converter: 24-bit 128x oversampling
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, and 96kHz
- Word lengths: 16-, 20-, and 24-bit
- CD drive type: ATAPI CD-ROM (8x read, 4x write)
- CD read/write Formats: Red Book, CD24
- Hard disk type: 40GB IDE Drive
Hard disk max recording times
- 10 hours @ 24-bit/96kHz
- 32 hours @ 16-bit/ 44.1kHz
Digital inputs and outputs
- AES/EBU-compatible balanced XLR connectors
- S/PDIF-compatible unbalanced coaxial (RCA) connectors
Analog inputs and outputs
- Balanced XLR connectors (+4dBu)
- Unbalanced phono (RCA) connectors (-10dBV)
Nominal input and output level
- Balanced: +4dBu (-15dBFS)
- Unbalanced: -10dBV (-15dBFS)
- Balanced: +19dBu = 0dBFS
- Unbalanced: +5dBV = 0dBFS
- Balanced: 15kOhm nominal
- Unbalanced: 10kOhm nominal
- Balanced: 75ohm nominal
- Unbalanced: 150ohm nominal
Power Requirements: 90-240 VAC, 40W max; 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: 19"W x 3.5"H x 11"D
- Weight: 16-1/2 lbs.
It's the final link in your dream studio. What are you waiting for? Order today.